If you are the kind of person who loves going to the gym and just can’t live without your Nike shoes, well you’re in luck because I will show you the steps you need to take to keep your favorite shoes clean. So if you want to keep your Nike shoes 5 years from now, you’d know how to keep them looking clean and sharp. There are 2 ways to cleaning your Nike shoes. The first way is according to Wikihow.com and you will need:
- An old tooth-brush
- A load of laundry the same color of your shoes or very close to it
- a bowl of warm water
- newspaper or towel
- medium-sized towel
Remember that not all Nike shoes are cleaned the same way. So if you feel like your shoes are delicate, than skip this part and scroll down to see the second method to cleaning your Nike shoes.
Using your washing machine
- Take your Nike shoes and take the shoe lace out and dissemble the shoe and set everything that you can take off the shoe on the side.
- Hold the shoes upside down and smack the shoes together a few times to remove dirt from the inside.
- Take your lace-less shoes, and take a pair of scissors and carefully cut all loose thread off without damaging the stitching of the shoe.
- Take a load of laundry similar or the same color as your shoes put them in the washer and wash with warm water for at least 30 minutes.
- While you are waiting for your washer to finish, take a bowl of hot water and add a small amount of soap, and put your shoelaces in for 10 minutes, then take them out and with a tooth-brush, scrub the shoelace, then rinse off and let dry by wrapping them in a towel or newspaper.
- Last, when your shoes are finished washing, wrap them in a medium-sized towel (to keep from making noise in dryer) and put them in dryer with the cloth that they have been washed with. Set your dryer to LOW or MEDIUM heat.
TIP: DO NOT PUT YOUR INSOLES IN THE DRYER AS THIS WILL WARP THEM.
After your shoes and shoelaces are dry, re-insert the shoelaces into your Nike shoes, and Voila, you now have new and clean-looking Nike shoes.
Without your washing machine
If you don’t feel confident putting your shoes into the washing machine, no worries, there’s another way to clean them. This method will require:
- old tooth-brush or shoe brush
- a little bit of laundry detergent and warm water in a bowl
- 2 sponges or soft cloths
- Take your tooth-brush or shoe brush and scrub your outsole to remove excess dirt.
- Mix warm water with some laundry detergent (mix till soapy)
- Take a sponge or soft cloth and dip into the warm water with the laundry detergent, and wipe off all affected areas of your shoes.
- Take the other sponge or soft cloth and apply some warm water and dap the shoes to remove any excess detergent.
- Let shoes air dry at room temperature
- Repeat these steps to remove persistent stains.
This method is recommended by Nike.com
So now that you know how to clean your Nike shoes, you are good to go! Enjoy clean and happy shoes!
- Remember these are not the only ways you can clean your Nike shoes. There are many ways to clean your shoes. These are just 2 simple ways.
We owe it all to 2 great men by the names of Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, who had a dream of making comfortable sneakers, and it all started in Oregon in 1950. Thanks to these 2 great men, we now have a brand we love and value.